I am having jock itches

I am having jock itches on my inner thighs near pubic region. The skin turned turned dark and there are some raised patches on the skin. I take care of hygiene but still its not getting better.
views-icons 37 Views Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on I am having jock itches

doctor profile image
Dr. Manoj Kumar Agarwala
11 yrs. of exp | Delhi | Dermatologist

INR 250 for 24 hrs

Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to rampant usage of antifungals, mostly self medication by the patients. To add to the problem, many combination tubes are easily available in market and there is no regulation on the sale. They make the fungal infection a permanent problem though it may provide temporary relief. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are co-prescribed many a times to treat this complicated fungal infection. If needed a simple skin test can also be done to confirm the diagnosis. Till then use only over-the-counter anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
2/2 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?