Hypothrodism

Does Homeopathic treatment better for hypothyroidism ? Or which one ? I am suffering from Hypothyroidism . I usually just see the general physician , do i look for some kind of thyroid expert ?

Doctor Answers (2) on Hypothrodism

Dr. Alka A. Nirantar Pune | General Physician
To find out weather any treatment is effective or not,you need to watch for two things. First your t3t4tsh levels to done regularly till you know that your disease is under control,and then continue that drug dose lifelong. Second most imp thing is your complaints like weight gain,skin problem or lethargy due to which you went to doctor.are you relieved of those symptoms?tell your doctor about it. If your blood tests are under control and you donot have any complaints,you need not go to any endocrinologist
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, No need to consult super specialist for uncomplicated Hypothyroidism ,because Hypothyroidism is a common problem faced by most during these days and it only requires harmonal supplementation and person may have to take it for life time , Physician usually prescribe levothyroxin ,repated follow-up is required in these cases. YIf you have any complications or in need to surgery then you can meet endocrinologist.