HyperThyroid or Hypothyr

Hello Sir, Thanks for reading my problem. I get my full body checkup from Thyrocare Lab. There I found that under Thyroid section T3 and T4 range is very normal but TSH is high i.e. 9.56 Please do let me know if I have Thyroid, which one? What precautions do I have to take and to whom do I contact , is this curable and if this is an initial state? I have IRON deficiency too as per the report and Alkaline Phosphate value is high.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
Otologist/ Neurotologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

That laboratory is notorious for bad reporting! Please get TSH repeated at another NABL accredited laboratory(SRL Labs/Metropolis Labs etc whose reports will have the NABL seal of quality along with their own logo) after 12 hours fasting! As for iron deficiency, it is common in Indian women of reproductive age group. LOOK INTO A MIRROR! Do the whites of your eyes look YELLOW? They should be if your Alkaline Phosphatase levels are truly HIGH! All these reports have NO VALUE if you feel fine! NEVER get any laboratory test done without it being requested by a doctor! These "Full Body Checkups" only benefit the Labs and simply drive you paranoid with their faulty values....most of those tests are usually "sink" tests done only to pad up the bill! reports are arbitrarily given usually slightly above or below the normal range! Avoid getting fooled by the hype generated by these unethical labs!
Dr. D.Vidyasagar
Rhinologist 10 yrs exp Hyderabad
Don't get worried it is not a dreadful condition. Very nice that you get a regular health check up to keep yourself fit. You may have to repeat the TSH and visit an Endocrinologist for further evaluation.