Hyperpigmemtation

Hi Doctor , I have pigmentation on my face in the chin area ,which is very distinct . Looks like i have a french beard. I also have deep pigmentation on my legs specially in the thigh region. Is it possible to get an even tone for my face and legs. I am wheatish complexion now. When I was a kid i was fair but as i grew up i lost my color. I feel that the pigmentation has been for a very long time therefore home remedies will not work , I would need dermatological consultation to understand my problem completely.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Black spots could mean many things. I assume what you mean is probably post inflammatory pigmentation. Targeting through a single agent may not always be fruitful. Meet a qualified Dermatologist to learn more about the diagnosis and treatment options. Combination of different therapeutic agents is always beneficial. Revlite I.e. Q Switched Nd YAG laser can also be available. Peels like glycolic acid and lactic acid  will help in lightening. Dermapen in combination with mesotherapy also helps. Hope it helps. Dr MK Agarwala  Dermatologist