Hydroquinone side effect

I used a hydroquinone 4% topical (recommended by a local pharmacist) for treating a dark PIH on my nose (which is supposed to be caused due to my habit of pricking whiteheads from my nose). After one month use, my nose becomes normal and remains red but when I discontinued the use of hydroquinone topical my nose started to become dark which looks more worse than the previous pigmentation. Does that darkness fades away with time??? As I have no option to go to a dermatologist due to personal issues...I only wanted to know that darkness caused due to discontinuing the use of hydroquinone topical becomes normal after some time. The duration of time doesn't matter whether it is 6 or 8 months...

Dr. Aman Sharma
You must stop using hydroquinone and picking the spots they will get better depending on skin type and type of pigment there are lots of options. Use a sunscreen to begin with like Aveil SPF 50 gel twice a day and post your pics at my email ID, [email protected] dot com for a better comment.