How to remove scars

Hi i got scars (marks) on my nose after having virus infection , is the coconut oil is helpful to remove the scars ? do u pls suggest something to remove the scars

Doctor Answers (2) on How to remove scars

Greetings. Did you have a herpes infection on the nose? or molluscum? Herpes can leave tough to treat scars - however, I would have to see the scar or atleast the photographs of the scar to suggest improvement. Sorry, according to me, coconut oil would just help in moistening the skin, and may not have effects on scar modulation. Further queries with scar snaps can be sent on follow up messaging...
Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
Hello, the appearance of scar mark can be effectively improved with for laser treatment or PRP or Injections ( for raised scar) or some creams. Kindly visit a qualified dermatologist to know what will be best suitable treatment for your scar. Coconut oil will keep the skin moisturized however it has not been scientifically proven to improve scar. It is better to avoid OTC creams as they may contain steroids which can eventually worsen the scar. Regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Pune