How to handle depressed

I was married 4 years back and from starting I feel my wife is ultra sensitive. She will get upset very easily and will use offensive words with anybody. There were occasions when my parents would have told somethings a bit assertively and she has taken those things very badly. Initially she had full trust on me and my relation with her was good. But from the time I have started supporting my parents as they are also interested in ironing out differences, my wife lost trust in me. She becomes violent at times and speak harsh words. If we try to reply assertively she will get further violent. After the last incident when she suddenly slapped me and warned me of commuting suicide, I think she is suffering from depression. I want to help her but she will not cooperate. Plz help me.

Doctor Answers (1) on How to handle depressed

Dr. Sugandha Gupta Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hello, from the brief narrative that you have provided here, it does seem so that a mental health professional can help you in the current scenario. It could be a correct observation on your part that she may have a depressive episode, however the psychiatrist or a clinical psychologist will assess various other domains of mental health in her, as well as marital unit. A thorough evaluation will be required before any clear recommendations can be made. Psychological intervention is likely to be beneficial in the current condition and medication may be provided if so required. Hope this helps you..