How to grow tall...

Hello doc,my height is 5'10. Same height 5 years back. Why am I not growing. How to grow tall. I do lots of cardio,cruches and almost everything there at the gym. Some people say so much of weight lifting is the reason for not growing tall. Is it true or just a myth? Hw 2 become tall
like legendary Windies fastbowlers
views-icons 161 Views 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on How to grow tall...

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
I can understand how desperate to grow tall,
I would like to tell you that being and growing tall will totally depend upon the race that you're born in and we Indians have common feature that our normal range of growing is upto 6 feet and there are rare exceptions and those art completely uncommon. West Indians are well built people ans their race and offspring born to them will grow taller.

One more thing to mention is you are working out and that a good thing. In Indian standards you're gifted with good height and along with workout body you' 're no doubt an handsome hunk.

Growth stage of male will from the age of 14- 21 years and the.growth very active from age 14 to 18 and from there growth rate will be slower.

Lifting heavy weights will have effect on your growth. Unless and untill the waits are more 150 kgs to 200 kgs then it will effect or else it wont if there is any effect with weights you're lifting and that would be very minimal.

Coming to the advice there are many product saying that consuming them them will enhance your growth but that's no true. Medically if you want tonight treated there is a treatment named hormonal supplementation. But it has various side effects that are unpredictable because supplementing hormone to the will lead to hormonal imbalance sometime and may lead to side effects.

Hope I've cleared you doubts and choices given be are useful.
Thank you