diabetes-icon
Hormone imbalance/seizure
Since giving birth to my second child over a year ago I have been battling seizures. I've never had a seizure until now. They use to happen ONLY the week before my period. Once I had bloodwork done that confirmed I had low progesterone, I began using progesterone drops to help balance me out. I've been using them for 3 months and since starting the drops my seizures are now during ovulation. I want to make it very clear that I have absolutely no seizures any other time of the month. I track my cycles closely and can mark on my calendar when the seizures will start. My doctor currently had me increase my progesterone so I won't know if it worked until 3 weeks from now. I'm more of an all natural person so I made serious diet changes and have been running 15 miles a week. I'm trying to be healthier. My question is, why is my low progesterone causing seizures? My neurologist claims there is no connection and I'm absolutely positive he is wrong. Any advice is appreciated.

You need one consultation with a psychiatrist. He will explain you exactly how these are related. And please make a physical consultation with him. He will counsel you well. All the best
Psychiatrist Consultation