Hiv test result
Will drinking alcohol affect my HIV test result? Hi, i went out for a lads night out and drank quite a lot of alcohol. The next morning I had a HIV test I was just wondering would the alcohol have affected my test results?

Dr. B K Madhusudan
Homeopath 25 yrs exp Bangalore

I wonder in what way it affected your HIV test results. When did you check for it & why? Usually HIV test results show correct data sometime after the infection. I don't think alcohol affects it. Anyway I advise you, as a doctor, to stay away from Alcohol & the unprotected sex, which gives you the risk of infection, not only HIV, but also other STD