HIV RNA PCR TEST
Hi I had a protected sexual intercourse on June 26th and appeared for HIV RNA PCR TEST on July 12th it's almost like 15 days after sexual intercourse will I get the accurate report. Please suggest. Generally is it after 10 days HIV RNA PCR TEST is done?

Dr. Venkat Raghav
Hello ... If you had protected sexual intercourse you don't have unless condom got torn during the intercourse....  HIV RNA Test is the only option available to detect HIV at an early stage, although you may be worried about the accuracy of the test. Research says HIV RNA Tests are around 99% accurate ,test has to done within 7 to 20 days.

Hiv rna pcr test accuracy