diabetes-icon
High TSH level
Hello, my TSH level is 16.9, T3-135, T4-9.8. My triglycerides level is 238. Should I be worried. Are these reading alarmingly high. What could be the cause?

Dr. Sheetal Aversekar
Diabetologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

The TSH level is high and requires treatment. It is a condition called as hypothyroidism. Not really a major cause for worry as treatment is a simple replacement by single daily tablet. Triglycerides are a bit high, but do not require treatment with medicines at the moment. Dietary changes will reduce their levels. Visit a diabetologist to start appropriate therapy.