High pain in left thigh.

I feel extremely high amount of unknown pain sometimes in my left thigh... It is somewhat what kind of muscular or nerve pain and spreads badly to other areas of leg as well when at peak... Strangely this pain comes to me once or twice a year and that too in changing weather conditions(From hot to cold and vice versa)...
views-icons 41 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on High pain in left thigh.

Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Quad Clenches: Lie flat on your back or sit upright on a chair with leg kept horizontally on another surface. Now, tighten the muscle on the front of the thigh by pushing your knee down. You should feel your thigh muscles clench, Hold for 3 secs. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Short Arcs: Lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight Leg Raise: Lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise. Hamstring stretching Towel Hamstring Stretch Lie on the back, supporting the thigh with the hand or with a towel wrapped around it.. Slowly straighten the knee until a stretch is felt in the back of the thigh, trying to get the bottom of the foot to face the ceiling, one leg at a time. Hold the position initially for 10 seconds, and gradually work up to 20 to 30 seconds. Seated Hamstring Stretch While sitting at the edge of a chair, straighten one leg in front of the body with the heel on the floor. Then, sit up straight and try pushing the navel towards the thigh without leaning the trunk of the body forwards. Hold this stretch for 30 seconds Repeat 3 times for each leg.
Dr. Farahna Tejani Mumbai | Clinical Physiotherapist
Hello young boy.
Kindly get an xray ( low back ap and lateral view and the xray of the left thigh) and meet a orthopaedic doctor or a physiotherapist practicing mckenzie in your locality.
Wish you happy and healthy life .