High fever

My husband has fever since 29th July. It was between the range of 100- 100.5 F till 31st morning. But since 31st afternoon, his fever is on the higher side( peaked till 104.2). I have given him full body sponges with tap water thrice in 12 hrs, but they are not helping in bringing down the fever. He is taking Dolo 650. It is around 12 hrs now that he has high fever. It comes to 101 sometimes then again shoots to 104. Doctor said that he has viral on 29th. Should I take admit him to hospital. It is the middle of night and He has 104.2F right now. Sponges are not helping.

Doctor Answers (1) on High fever

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. Since its been more than 3 days, you need to get his blood work up done. Get a complete blood count, urine complete, MP, widal done. Kindly consult a general physician in person along with the reports. Then we will able to decide what has to be done. As if now give him paragreat xr 1g twice a day instead of dolo Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.