High cholesterol
Hi , I am having a high total cholesterol level of 249,HDL -53 and LDL - 193. I am having a heriditary background of heart diseases.I am working in IT how should i proceed. Whether to consult any doctor. if yes which specialized doctor i have to consult or whether i can go with excercises and diet?
114 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Swathi S Aithal
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹100 for 24 hrs

Hello.. Your total cholesterol levels are high and your ldl that is bad cholesterol levels are high...yes definitely you need to follow strict diet and do exercises but you will definitely need lipid lowering drugs,adding on since you have a strong family history...well I would suggest you to consult a physician for now
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.