cardiologist-icon
High cholesterol
Hi , I am having a high total cholesterol level of 249,HDL -53 and LDL - 193. I am having a heriditary background of heart diseases.I am working in IT field.so how should i proceed. Whether to consult any doctor. if yes which specialized doctor i have to consult or whether i can go with excercises and diet?

Hello.. Your total cholesterol levels are high and your ldl that is bad cholesterol levels are high...yes definitely you need to follow strict diet and do exercises but you will definitely need lipid lowering drugs,adding on since you have a strong family history...well I would suggest you to consult a physician for now