cardiologist-icon

High Cholesterol

Hello, I'm a computer programmer. So,  Most of my day passes by sitting. Recently I tested my blood. And the results is below: FASTING: 76 mgs/dl CHOLESTEROL: 253 mgs/dl TRIGLYCERIDE : 236 mgs/dl HDL : 40 mgs/dl LDL: 166 mgs/dl VLDL: 47 mgs/dl My father have heart problem. So I'm little bit tensed. Any recommendations?

Hello, I understand your concern. Since you are young and your cholesterol levels are above than normal. And you say that your lifestyle is sedentary and it's time that you need to start workout. Like 20 mins of jogg or 10 mins of sprinting would do. And part from that avoiding fried and junk foods will help you alto and will you help you prevent lots lots conditions in your future. I advice you to not to get your nerves with these values. Avoid high fat content foods, make salads of fruits and vegetables as a part of your diet. And exercise this would be enough to take good care of your health. Thank you