cardiologist-icon

High bp cause

I want to know that blood pressure only increase with high cholesterol level.or other factor is also responsible for increase in blood pressure.my ECG is ok 15 days ago.but my bp sometime goes high130/95.plz tell and what can i do to make my bp in safe level.i take stress very fast.my TSH is 6.45 and i have earlier one year ago anxiety problem.

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Ambedkar Nagar

There are two kinds of hypertension One is essential Hypertension for which there is no identifiable cause Other is Secondary Hypertension for which there is an identifiable cause There are risk factors which can add to both like stress smoking alcohol bad food habits sedentary lifestyle and others You should at first adopt DASH to control your BP You will find it online Also control of thyroid disease will help Adopt stress management techniques All these will help you to bring down your blood pressure Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist

Hello There. I can understand your concern. Blood pressure is under the control of a lot of things not one. The risk factors of Having Hypertension i.e., High blood pressure to name a few are. Tension, Obesity, Smoking, Alcohol intake, high salt intake, high sugar intake, too much junk foods, certain hormonal disorders like thyroid imbalances etc. what you can do is - follow a proper balanced diet, exercise daily, avoid smoking and drinking, do pranayama and meditation daily. Best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain.