cardiologist-icon
High blood pressure
My husband is having minipress XL and Eslo At for high blood pressure. I wanted to know these medicines are suppose to be taken before or after meals? The bp is 160/110 but after medicines it comes down to 125/85 so he feels week, is this normal?

Dr. Ashish Srivastava
General Physician 5 yrs exp Noida

Antihypertensives should be taken at a fixed time They don't have any relationship with food Can skip meals but not medications Ideally take eslo AT in the morning and minipress XL in the night before going to bed Dr Ashish Srivastava General Physician & Clinical Cardiologist
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. The tablets minipress xl and eslo at should preferably be taken after food. Hypertension is chronic disease. There's no permanent cure for it. So he has continue taking medications regularly. Don't stop it without consulting the physician. Ask him to follow up a salt free diet.