High alt in liver test
What are the reasons of high alt? My sgpt is 49? What are causes and remedies to lower this? Is there any risk ?

Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Sgpt levels can increase in a lot liver disorders or while taking taking drugs which affect the liver. Your sgpt level is 49. It is only slightly above the normal level. If the other liver function tests parameters like bilirubin, sgot levels are normal, then Don't worry about it. However even if other parameters are high, then consult a general physician for further evaluation.