Hi....i m having leg pain

Severe pain.unable to walk.Not in knees in fleshy portion of leg.I m applying ointments .No relief..and pain in back .
views-icons 158 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Sathyadharan. P
Orthopedist 12 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for writing in, Severe pain in the calf with inability to walk could be because of obstruction to blood flow in your leg. If it is obstruction then it needs immediate treatment. It could be because of muscle spasm also, but it's better to get examined by an orthopaedician as soon as possible. You can apply hot packs over calf till that time. Get well soon
Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 12 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to respond. That is mostly due to cramps. You can do the filtering to relieve the pain. 1. Massage the calf (fleshy portion below the knee) gently. 2. Stretch the calf muscles by placing foot against the wall and gently pressing forwards. 3. Place both the legs in a bucket half filled with warm water for 20 minutes 4. Raise both your legs up against the wall for 30 minutes. I can't prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so.