Herpes infection

I am recently diagnosed with herpes on my right arm and shoulder around 10 days. I came to know know this about one week later. It happened to me first time. It started with tingling in right arm and itching and a small blister on upper shoulder. Tingling goes automatically within three days approximately but itching still persists and blister is healing. Started medicine after a week when came to know. So, now my question is for my son, he is just six and a half months. Can he get infected, if he is already how can I check that. And what precautions I need to take for future.

Himanshu Gupta

You are having herpes zoster and the same virus can cause chicken pox in children. The infection can spread only till there are active blisters and not after the lesions have scab formation. No need for any test for your son, just be watchful for appearance of any skin lesions in your son.