cancer-icon
Her2/neu positive cancer
My mom had stage 3 brest cancer.High level treatment is completed. FISH test report said Her2/neu:CEP17 ratio:11:09. What does it Mean and what are the chances of it coming back if we underwent one year of trastuzumab...?

Dr. Abhinav Choudhary
Surgical Oncologist 7 yrs exp Delhi

It's diificult to interpret the report in those terms, however the treating doctor can confirm with the pathologist whether it's positive or negative, if positive I would definitely recommend one year of trastuzumab as it has shown to increase survival & decrease possibility of the cancer returning