Hepatitis b

Sir my wife when pregnant was diagnosed with hepatitis b positive... She have delivered two babies since then...but now I m worried...which specialist should I visit..and which type of test are there to know level of hepatitis b she is currently in

Doctor Answers (2) on Hepatitis b

Dr. Phanindra V V
8 yrs. of exp | Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
You can visit any Ayurveda doctor. You can also visit a hepatologist. When you go, take a latest report of HBSAG blood test from a good lab. We have very good results to lower the values to undetectable range. You may undergo virechana karma at Ayurveda centre.
Naresh Kumar Monigari
1 yrs. of exp | Karimnagar | Consultant Physician
Hello, to know at what level of hep B she has we need tests such as HBV DNA level quantitative, HbeAg envelope antigen, Liver function test, and ultrasound abdomen to look for liver echo texture. Kindly consult a general medicine doctor or gastroenterologist. Your babies need to be checked and given HEp B immunoglobulin at the time of delivery and vaccination if negative.. All your family members need to be checked for hep B status and vaccinated if found negative..