Height issues
Can I increse our height through limp lengthening. . I want 6.2 inch height it's possible to me.than what can I do for this procedure.recently out height 5.3 inch then I want to 6.2 inch height.our parents spent a lot of money in any cost.plz suggest

Dr. Hitin Mathur
Orthopedic Surgeon 17 yrs exp Noida

Hi, this is Dr Hitin Mathur, orthopaedic surgeon from Fortis C Doc Hospital, New Delhi. Welcome to practo. Height increase is possible by a procedure called illizarov technique which involves breaking the bone and slowly lengthening it. The procedure is usually done for unilateral limb shortening due to fracture and bone loss. Any surgical procedure carries the risk of surgery including infection, nonunion and in your case deformity of leg and limb length discrepancy since we will be lengthening both legs. So you need to weigh your needs and risks of Surgery before deciding for it.