Heavy mood swings

I am having heavy mood swings because of periods for past 10 months. Periods are regular. I end up having overwhelming thoughts, usually negative and cry like anything for no reason. My work and social life is getting affected because of this very much. Having a lot of stress.

Ms. Sneha Bhat
Counselling Psychologist 3 yrs exp Bangalore
For every mood of ours there is a reason. It could be the way in which our body and mind react to the situation or just the expression of current state of our body and mind. There are different hormones in our body which might play a direct role here. Please get the thyroid check up done before evaluating anything else because a thyroid imbalance along with regular hormonal changes during menstruation might cause mood swings. Also look for some change in your life or lifestyle which might be playing an additional role here and sort them out. If situation still persist consult a psychologist/psychiatrist who would help you overcome/manage your mood swings. Take Care.