Heavy flow during mensis

Hello doc I get my mensis regularly with a cycle of 26 to 27 days but there a heavy flow I need to change 4 to 5 sanitary napkins uptil the 4 th day ... n i also get a very bad stomach n back pain during three days ... is all this normal ...
views-icons 63 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Heavy flow during mensis

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh Pune | Gynecologist
See ur Periods need to be compared to ur own periods and nobody else's. If ur bleeding that much from the start then it is normal. If u had scanty flow earlier and then u start to bleeding more suddenly then u need to consider treatment. Taking meftal 3 times till ur periods last will decrease the pain and bleeding too.
Thank you for your question.
Heavy menstrual bleeding is a major cause of anaemia and I'll health in women across the globe. It adversely affects quality of life and your ability to function in current society which does not allow for breaks every month. There are several different treatments available to help manage the bleeding and pain. These can be medical, surgical and alternative therapy. You may also wish to discuss the treatments available with your gynaecologist while you explore homeopathy and acupuncture as valid treatments.
Best wishes
Also read 'Heavy menstrual bleeding' on rcog.org and WWW.patient.co.uk