cardiologist-icon

Heart palpitations

I had recently ECG it mentioned that sinus tachycardia... fast heart beat doctor tells that your ECG is normal nothing to worry. Is these any sign of serious heart problem in future . I have fast beat when I doesn't have proper sleep. I also feel heart beat in my hands

Tachycardia is caused by something that disrupts the normal electrical impulses that control the rate of your heart's pumping action. Many things can cause or contribute to problems with the heart's electrical system. These factors include: Damage to heart tissues from heart disease Abnormal electrical pathways in the heart present at birth (congenital) Disease or congenital abnormality of the heart Anemia Exercise Sudden stress, such as fright High blood pressure Smoking Fever Drinking too much alcohol Drinking too many caffeinated beverages Medication side effects Abuse of recreational drugs, such as cocaine Imbalance of electrolytes, mineral-related substances necessary for conducting electrical impulses Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) In some cases, the exact cause of tachycardia can't be determined.