Hearing problem

My mother can't hear properly she can hear very less I did ent check up 2 yrs back for her doc said her ears r good this is because of age. After that we didn't take her for check up as she is not willing to go out as she can't walk. Can we use any hearing aid for her or need doctor advice.
views-icons 81 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore
First meet an ENT Specialist who will clean up her ear canals and then send her to an audiologist for audiometry and hearing aid trials. You can get a decent RIC type Hearing Aid for about ₹25000. Do not be suckered onto buying the cheaper BTE aids which will only end up as an expensive paperweight at your home!
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?