Health anxiety

Recently i had done an endoscopy and doctor found one small duodenal polyp. He said its nothing to worry and treatment is not needed. But i m scared that it will become cancer... i previously had this kind of health anxiety. But now i feel like my stomach is cramping sometimes and have an urge to go to take a dump. I feel like my anxiety is causing it more than a disease. Can it be because of anxiety? P.s i feel normal when i m not thinking about my health.

Doctor Answers (4) on Health anxiety

Dont do investigations if its not indicated. Probably this is the time to take a low dose medicine by doctor for few months along wd CBT.
Dr. Lakshmi T Rajan Chennai | Counselling Psychologist
Dear friend,
Cramps are due to anxiety only. As you had given, if you do not think about it, you are normal. So don't think about it.
Go for regular walking
Wishes
Get help from a psychotherapist
Make little lifestyle changes to keep yourself positive.
You can visit a homoeopath so that you anxiety and duodenal polyp can be treated.
If the doctor who saw your reports said that you will be fine , then dont worry.
visit a homoeopath for your anxiety issues and duodenal polyp treatment.
meanwhile, reduce spicy foodstuffs.
Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
Polyps in intestine are common and are often benign needing no treatment. It was an incidental finding during an endoscopy. I wonder why did u get endoscopy done? Was it due to some specific indication or just to satisfy your health anxiety. If this anxiety is troubling you then you might need to consult a psychiatrist as it is a psychiatric disorder.