Head pain on left portion

Hello there... I m suffering from head pain on mine left side of head ..and its starts from my left portion of forehead and ends up back side of mine head only left side part...and its started from around weeks ...earlier i dont have these type of any issues...and the pain is very uncomfortable...please suggest me any medicine or reasons of this pain ..can i consult to any doctors...

Doctor Answers (1) on Head pain on left portion

Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...there are different types of headache like migraine, tension type, cluster headache, due to sinusitis, visual disturbance. The migraine headache is usually unilateral and associated with visual disturbance, nausea, vomiting. There are many triggering factors for migraine like strong smells, bright light, emotional stress, insomnia. keep account of the triggering factors and try to avoid them. When you get a headache go into a dark room and rest. You can also consult a general physician or neurologist for further evaluation.