Hallucination, Alcoholism

Hi,i hv been drinkng for past 4 mnths cntinuosly, whnever i stop it, i feel insomnia, numbness in bodyparts, feel fear, I also tried citzine as it makes drowsy, is it OK.. I really want to quit alcohol bt dont want to be in a rehab or on bed, is there a way i can try myself to quit with getting hampered my daily routine( job). I also want tht my damily shudnt knw abt it. I feel guilt vry nxt mrng whenevr i drink bt feel heavy craving aftr office in eveng. Hv tried in past as well bt one odd occasion, i start again n it cntinues whthr i enjoy it or not. Whn i dont drink feel like crawling on body, imaginary things in frnt of my eyes, smtimes feel like smone talking behind my bed bt nothing is there. I hv hv read abt hallucination so i dnt get that scared bt still feal fear in nights as i sleep alone. Pls tell a way or medicines which i can buy without prescription or any home remedies or any other way? Thanks.

Doctor Answers (1) on Hallucination, Alcoholism

Dr. D. S. Poonia Jaipur | Psychiatrist
Hi, first of all don't worry about stigma related to treatment. You need treatment and for that visit at rehab center. You are living at Ghaziabad and in Ghaziabad AIIMS de-addiction center is there. (NDDTC). Its not necessory that you need admission for treatment. You can continue as out patient basis. As you mentioned it appears that you have withdrawal in the form of delirium or suffering from alcoholic hallucinationosis. For both these please consult a psychiatrist to manage theme. Its not prudent to left suddenly in such a condition and don't try so. From your query it appears that you are motivated to left it and so go out from home and take proper treatment. Rest will be done by your treating psychiatrist. beest of luck.