My dermatologist prescribed me androanagen tablets nd tugain 5% solution fr hairloss, but i hv searched on d net dat androangen tablets reduce testosterone levels, cause breasts & reduce sex drive . Is it true? Wat r oder side effects
views-icons 53 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Hairloss..

Thanks for the query. MPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender, socioeconomic status and internal health. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist.  You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. Regarding adverse effects,personally meet a Dermatologist to understand it better and weigh the risk benefit ratio.  Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala New Delhi