Hairfall: visible scalp
I m 20 and suffering sever hairfall.. My dad is half bald. How shld I save myself frm tge same thing happening to me? Its from tge crown area to the vertex area.

Dr. Jeetendra Khatuja
Trichologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Male pattern hair loss is very common and it is caused by male hormone and gene.The severity depends on effect of hormone and gene and in this condition hair becomes thinner and smaller, so the scalp becomes visible.To slow down this type of hair loss you can use minoxidil and finasteride,though medicines may not help restore lost hair.For hair restoration we need to stimulate the hair roots so that thinner hair go back to normal. This can be achieved with PRP and dermaroller.For details you can contact me. Regards, Dr.jeetendra khatuja.
Dr. Manoj Agarwala

The hair cycle normally consists of growing, resting and falling hairs and there is a delicate balance between these stages of hair cycle. Normally hair should regrow but if it is not happening, you should consider seeing a dermatologist. Male pattern baldness with a family history is difficult to manage but can be done if corrective steps are taken early.
Further information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss