Hairfall dandruff
I am suffering from severe hairfall and dandruff problem but regrowth is not happening like before. My father is 62 and has lost his hair. Please suggest the best treatment for my case. Thank you

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Dandruff is the result of excessive oil application compounded by a fungal overgrowth. So consider discontinuation of oils and start using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo atleast for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment plans. Hope it helps you.