Hair problem

Sir, I have a hair fall problem though it is not severe but I am having 30-40 hair roots falling and my hair keep on thinning and I can see the difference. When I pluck a hair from my head I see the tip part is thick and the root part are thin. It worry me alot because I have done everything to stop. Earlier I was having dandruff. But now its all stopped .but thinning and hair fall is not stopping.should I consult to any dermatologist or should I start doing something.I am not going bald from specific area. But the density of hair is decreasing slowly. I can see my scalp easily and it look like I am having less hair now.

Doctor Answers (2) on Hair problem

Hi. You may be suffering from early onset androgenetic alopecia. Does your father or brother or maternal uncles have balding? This could genetically predispose you to balding. Further environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair further. You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. Yes your hair density can be restored if you take timely treatment and care of your hair.. See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging.Warm regards.
Thanks for the query. MPB is an increasing problem in today's society.​​ The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.