Hair loss problem
I am suffering from hair loss problem for the last 3 years.It is quite visible.My uncles from my mother's side are balled but if it is genetic or other reasons is it cureable.I am losing my self-confidence with this.At first I thought that it will stop but it's not stopping please help..

Dr. Zubin Mandlewala
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Mumbai
Hi. Hair loss of more then 100 hair a day is considered troublesome. But if you have extensive thinning and a receeding hair line along with a strong family history, likelihood of male patterned hair loss is there which means a hormonal yet genetic basis may be the cause of the balding pattern u see. Usually only two products can work effectively and as long as u use them, Minoxidil and/or tab. Finasteride (1 mg) of course after a thorough consultation with ur dermatologist. It should be used for a minimum of six months regularly to see some result and preferably over a year or at least till u have the desire to maintain adequate hair (which may be many many years). Other than that one should eat a good balanced diet with adequate dietary protein essential for hair. Regards, Dr. Zubin Mandlewala MUMBAI