Hair Loss male pattern
I am suffering from intense hair loss, reason being genetic MPB. Will consuming a Protein supplement cause any further damage to my situation here as I have heard they increase testosterone level thereby increasing DHT.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Protein are different types but consumption of whey protein in particular may be responsible for further hair loss in your situation. The exact predictions can be made by doing a complete metabolic profile to understand the blood chemistry. The treatment typically consists of usage of oral medication (Finasteride) and topical lotion (Minoxidil ). The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist.  You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals.