Hair loss dermatology

Hi doctor , I'm 22 yrs old I'm loosing a lot of hair,right now I'm already bald,for my age I look old,i loved my hair a lot, slowly I started loosing my hair is there any way to get my hair back or transplantation is the only way please help me

Doctor Answers (3) on Hair loss dermatology

Hi. You may be suffering from early onset androgenetic alopecia. Does your father or brother or maternal uncles have balding? This could genetically predispose you to balding. Further environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair further. You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. Yes your hair density can be restored if you take timely treatment and care of your hair. I would need to personally examine you in order to decide if you need hair transplantion at all or not.See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps.. Warm regards. PS - if you wish to consult me you can contact Me on follow up messaging or via my Practo profile.
Dr. Sandeep Gupta Delhi | Dermatologist
Depends on the cause of hair loss If androgenic alopecia then depending on the grade medical or surgical treatment shall be given Next time put pictures
Dr. Pinanky Jadhav-Adhe Pune | Dermatologist
It is possible to regrow lost hair and prevent further hair fall with proper treatment consisting topical as well as oral medicines. It takes time to see visible results ( 6 months to 1 yr) so you will have to be patient. Procedures like Microneedling and PRP also help to boost hair growth. Please consult a qualified dermatologist to know more. Only if these therapies fail then the Dr may advise you hair transplant but then also you will need to continue with the medicines for maintaining the results achieved. Hope this helps. Warm Regards, Dr Pinanky Jadhav, Pune