Hair Loss and Dandruff

I have hair loss and dandruff problem for a long time. My hair is thin and soft. My friend advised me to mix lemon and coconut oil in ratio 1:3 and apply hair evry two days and wash it with shampoo for better results. Is it a good solution and can i try it?. Needed a confirmation before starting.

Doctor Answers (3) on Hair Loss and Dandruff

yaa its effective in dandruff. long time prblms cant be cured with local aplication. avoid curd,bakery,formenetd chilled items latenight food. some medcines n nasya shirodhara is best for chronic hair prblms. visit ayur panchkarma physician.for more details www.facebook.com/shashwatayurvedam
This is happening due to increased conversion of testosterone to DHT. Thus, hair become weak from their roots(follicles) and acclerate hair fall. The good news is that this is easily treatable with ayurvedic tablets. These tablets block conversion of testosterone to DHT. At the same time, these tablets nourish hair follicles making hair strong and prevent hair fall. Please let me know if you have any other disease or abnormal symptoms. This information is important to arrive at perfect prescription.
Regards
Dr. Omkar Balkrishna Shahapurkar
Pune
Dr. Harsha Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there...I can understand your concern. There are many reasons for hair loss, like hereditary, low vitamins, anaemia, stress, thyroid disorders. You will have to be evaluated for all these. Also sometimes even too much dandruff also can cause hair fall. You will need to started on ketoconazole shampoo for that. So kindly consult a dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment.