Hair loss and baldness

Hi doctor,

Since 3 months I am using adhair 5%. I can see good improvement on hair growth. My question is that, is it safe to continue?

How long can I use?

Is there any other better oil is there?

views-icons 173 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Hair loss and baldness

Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.
what you are using contains something called minoxidil, minoxidil is helpful in increasing the calibre of individual hair follicles as well as increasing the time that each follicle is in the actively growing phase which is called anagen.
however, it only works as long as you continue to use it. this .this can help address short term hair loss, in which case you can stop when your hair grows back to normal (minoxidil just speeds the process). for long term problem you have to continue.
regards.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi
Medication which u r using will help in preventing hair fall and helps in new hair growth...it's a long term therapy if you stop the medication you will get back status before medication...since you r experiencing hair growth it's better to continue...if develop side effects or no improvements u can stop medication.