Hair loss and acne

I am 24 years old, suffering hair loss from past 1 and a half year, its strength is greatly reduced and I am afraid using shampoo as I could see plenty of hairs on my palm. I used to consume lots of broiler chicken and used to get pimples. For a while I thought its common but after few weeks I became bit dark, pimples became scars and hairs began to thin. Regarding hair loss I've many reasons like I used to bath daily and used to pour hot water, I also used to pull hairs while studying from age 19,I was masturbating daily too.Right now I sweat a lot and my skin is oily but hairs are dry. I've no other problems, even my elder brother has same problem but my dad and his fore fathers hadn't any problem. I am 24 now, 178cms tall, weighs 74kgs but year before I used excessive masturbation too. I am under homeopathy from yesterday and had told to avoid chicken. And I wanted to know what foods are preferable for hair growth, how do I care my hair, is homeopathy give result? Please give advice

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair loss and acne

Thanks for the query. Skin care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender, socioeconomic status and internal health. Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequalae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcision, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. Similarly hair fall can have multiple causes. A Dermatologist will help you.   Best wishes Dr MK Agarwala New Delhi India