Hair fall problem

I'm start with minoxidil(10%)usp at that time hair fall is almost recovered but than doctor suggest me to continue with (5% usp) than again hair fall is continue so can i used (10%usp). Or is there any side effect of this?

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair fall problem

Online consultations have such limitations as discussion about the medications is often incomplete. Minoxidil is for indefinite usage in patients of male pattern baldness as per current medical literature and has to become a part of life, if you wish to have a good hair volume. It gradually enlarges the miniaturized hair follicle to full grown hairs. The first 12 months of treatment is very important and Minoxidil should be continued twice daily or else the expected benefits may not happen. It is a good maintenance drug with minimal side effects. Literature do not have robust evidence for usage beyond 5%.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Further information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss