Hair fall and dandruff

I am taking medicines for hair fall. The water in our area is a bit hard. Even after using a mild shampoo and keeping it for 5 mins before washing, next day I can feel some white flakes on my head. And I guess that may be the reason of my hair fall. I am taking biocare od tablet for hair fall. I also apply almond oil and keep it for 1 hr and then wash it with shampoo. I use serum daily for my hair as a substitute for oil, is this a good practice??

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair fall and dandruff

The hair cycle normally consists of growing, resting and falling hairs and there is a delicate balance between these stages of hair cycle. Normally hair should re-grow but if it is not happening, you should consider seeing a dermatologist. Further information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss
Using hair oil daily is not a good practice.
One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement.