Hair fall and damage

I am facing severe hair fall since last 1.5 years. I currently live in Bangalore. Was settled in noida for last two years. The problem started after I gave birth to my first child. I use hair colour (from last 8 years) and henna prior to that. But never has this been so severe. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Hair fall and damage

Hi. Greetings. Telogen effluvium is common after child birth. In women, Anaemia, hormonal issues, environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair. After adequate evaluation by dermatologist, You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet.See a dermatologist near you to get evaluated if you have any other scalp problem. Hope this helps. Further queries may be sent on follow up  messaging. Warm regards.