Habituated to alcohol 24h

My father aged 59 edited to alcohol 24 hrs day.always in obsession on others and family members not having peacefully mind and not letting us live happily.he needs help which we are not able to change his mind .he speaks abusive words to all of us and says I don't know what I said in last nite which we cannot accept those.my mother was the main victim of his activities and she will do something in that anger to herself or to father. We are having our minds thinking here whatever work we are doing.....please guide what needs to be done.

Doctor Answers (2) on Habituated to alcohol 24h

Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
Talk to him about his habit when he us sombre and that he should see a deadduction psychiatrist. . Even then if he is not ready to consider deaddiction... you visit a deaddiction centre. They can guide you how to go ahead.
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
First and foremost you must understand quiting alcohol is a very gradual process...He should have strong determination and patience if he want to quit....and medications can't be prescribed just like that...de addition is a multi step procedure... He need to undergo counselling sessions to get motivated later on medications can be started... I would suggest you to consult nearest deaddiction center they will do the needful.