Gyno or Man Boobs

I am overweight I have a doubt about my fat around my chest area. I am not sure if it is Gynecomastia or just man boobs. My nipples get hard at times but rest of the time they are puffy and soft. And it is pretty embarrassing, can you tell me how do I diagnose if it is gyno or just fat. And what are the possible solutions for this.

Doctor Answers (1) on Gyno or Man Boobs

Greetings. "Man - boobs" is a layman term - doesnt really tell much about a diagnosis - people with a fit body and great pectoral muscles too may be termed to have - man boobs. Gynaecomastia is men having breast tissue - glandular nodule which can be palpated and assesses by a qualified dermatologist. Some who appear to have 'gynaecomastia' may just have too much fat tissue and this partially improves on reduction of body weight and fat. Liposuction is the ultimate surgical treatment of choice.
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging