Gyno or Man Boobs

I am overweight I have a doubt about my fat around my chest area. I am not sure if it is Gynecomastia or just man boobs. My nipples get hard at times but rest of the time they are puffy and soft. And it is pretty embarrassing, can you tell me how do I diagnose if it is gyno or just fat. And what are the possible solutions for this.
views-icons 52 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Dermatologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹350 for 24 hrs

Greetings. "Man - boobs" is a layman term - doesnt really tell much about a diagnosis - people with a fit body and great pectoral muscles too may be termed to have - man boobs. Gynaecomastia is men having breast tissue - glandular nodule which can be palpated and assesses by a qualified dermatologist. Some who appear to have 'gynaecomastia' may just have too much fat tissue and this partially improves on reduction of body weight and fat. Liposuction is the ultimate surgical treatment of choice.
Next Steps
see a qualified dermatologist near you
Health Tips
Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?