Groin Injury

I have a Groin Strain and pain since 1 month.I can't even Run.It is very painful now as I can't even stretch my legs.What should I do?

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Short Arcs: Lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight Leg Raise: Lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise.

Hello.. Well it's quite possible that there is anmiscke pull..which has caused the contraction of the muscle and leading to pain..you need to use any muscle relaxant local as well as on tablet form...it's better you also meet an orthopaedician and get examined to rule out any ligmane injury ..Don t strain yourself until you have a cker diagnosis as the existing condition may aggrevate...thank you
Dr. Anuradha Sharma (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Noida
Last one month firstly tk relaxing treatment in physiotherapy. After relief start stretching exercises. In this conditions stretching exercises will not work only increase ur stiffness. Avoid strain full activity till relief.
Dr. Umesh Solanki (PT)
Clinical Physiotherapist 6 yrs exp Delhi
Icing on groin, stretch your abductors and gluteus muscle and strengthen your adductors. Ultrasonic on groin as well would be a good idea.