Grey hair and hair fall
From the last 1 year, my hairs are getting grayed out a lot. Hair fall has increased. If i don't shampoo for a 2-3 days, my scalps itches a lot. I am using Khadi shampoo and patanjali conditioner. Each time I comb my hair, around 50-60 hairs get broken. I want to know what kind of test or checkup should I go to know the root cause of my hair fall and hair graying issues ?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. 1)Premature graying is increasing problem in today's world. There are many reasons for premature graying as nutritional deficiencies or stress, environmental hazards,genetics and so on. A thorough evaluation will help identifying the cause of it. Though treatment options are limited and not very promising,still attempts could be made to prevent further graying of hairs. Existing ones may or may not regain normal colour. Hope it helps. 2)Hair fall treatment needs proper assessment to find the cause and to address it specifically. A trichoscan and trichogram are objective methods of assessment and is highly recommended, though it is difficult to find a clinic which offers that. Hair fall treatment consist of arresting the hair fall and subsequently adding density and improving the texture and quality.