Grade 2 placenta. Worried
My sister recently went through anamoly scan at 21 weeks. All other things were normal. Only the placenta said was of grade 2. The doctor told the report is normal and said nothing about placenta. We are worried cause I read the placenta reaches 2 grade after 30 weeks. What are the risk of premature placenta. What precautions are to be taken.

Dr. Rujul Jhaveri Gujarathi
Gynecologist 8 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi, don't worry about it, if calcification are there then you have to be worried. Or if any blood flow issues are there  then u need to be worried. If fetal parameters are normal and baby is doing well then don't worry. Still consult with your routine obstetrician as and when required.
Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Pune
GRADE IS THE DOCTORS PERCEPTION. I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY REASON TO WORRY BECAUSE OF HALF INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM THE NET. IT CAN HAPPEN THAT PLACENTA HAS TURNED GR II EARLY BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN THAT IT HAS AGED PREMATURELY.

Placenta posterior grade 2 Placenta in pregnancy