Get my lungs checked.
So I quit smoking about a month ago. I want to get a lung function test done to see how much have I damaged my lungs and if I have crossed the point of no return. I used to smoke about 10 cigarettes a day for 10 years FYI. 1) is this test going to be helpful or is it even required? 2) what other steps can I actively take apart from quitting smoking to recover my lung capacity to 100℅?

Jayesh Pavra
General Physician 17 yrs exp Ahmedabad

Only Lung Function Test (PFT) will not help to estimate lung damage you also have to get done HRCT Thorax also & if more damaged than even Bronchoscopy
Start pranayam , spirometry , prevent even passive smoking
Don't worry you will do good